Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Grateful

A few weeks ago I sang a song in church for my dad. It's a song written by Cindy Morgan titled "How Could I Ask for More". The words highlight the daily blessings in life such as the greeting of daylight and the comfort of the moon...changes in season and relationships...even the blessings that come out of hard circumstances. It hit me very deeply. I am currently pregnant with our fourth baby. When Brian and I were engaged and the topic of children came up (and it did often) we always said that we wanted four kids. After having Olivia we were even more sure of it since we found even more joy in parenting than we could have dreamed. As I was singing the song, it really hit me that although life has turned out far different than what I had planned...God has given us four children. One here to physically hug and kiss, two waiting for us in heaven with Jesus, and one cradled inside my womb. How could I ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment