Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blessing Those in Need

I know I have been pretty slack in the blogging department lately. It has been all I can do to keep myself from losing the contents of my stomach ever since we found out I am pregnant. I was pretty sick with Olivia and am taking this as a good sign although I am ready to move on to another good sign as soon as possible...maybe feeling the baby kick or something? :)
Anyway, due to my state of constant nausea, I have had cancer patients on my heart alot lately. During chemo they feel the same sick stomach that I do...often MUCH worse. Rather than the hope of a baby coming in nine months, they are left with a simple hope that the chemo/radiation works. A dear friend of mine seems to be losing this battle. He will try one more round of chemo and if his body can't take it, he will go home within three months.
So where am I going with all this? Often when we feel sick or suffer something physically, it can seem pointless and like a waste of our time. It slows us down and gets in the way of our plans. However, when we take the time to pray for those around us that are experiencing the same thing or even worse, God redeems our time and blesses someone else. Along with prayer, reach out to that person you've got on your heart. Often a meal, a card, or the offer to come and listen can be the very encouragement that person needs to keep going. A friend of mine's sister volunteered at a hospital that housed newborn crack babies. Her only job was to sit and hold the babies...lavishing them with love and words of affection. Sounds like something Jesus would do! We live in a world with sickness and pain...often right down the street from us. Let's reach out and bless someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment